The School congratulates our 2015 HSC cohort for their magnificent performance and what brilliant results they were. The HSC School Dux is Zhiwang Li (also known as Lancelot) with an ATAR of 99.25. This is a remarkable achievement by him and he has set a wonderful foundation for our future Year 12 s5tudents to surpass. I wish all the students well for the future and may they prosper with their tertiary studies.
Zhiwang Li’s specific achievements were a Band 6 in ESL, Chemistry, Mathematics Ext 1 & 2, and Japanese Beginners
Congratulations to Mr Alexandru on the phenomenal Mathematics results. We are truly fortunate to have a teacher of Mr Alexandru’s calibre.
Below are some further notable Statistics:
- School ranked 11th in the state (Daily Telegraph 16 December 2016)
- Ranked 10th on the Maths Merit List for Ext 1 & 2
- 8% of students attained an ATAR over 95
- 33% of students attained an ATAR over 90
- 100% of Mathematics Ext1 students received an E4, equivalent to a Band 6.
- English ESL had almost four times the number of Band 6’s compared to the state.
- Chinese Background Speakers and Japanese Beginners had almost three times the number of Band 6’s compared to the state.
- Tang Thao Nguyen (Naomi) was ranked 2nd in Chinese Beginners.
- 45% of courses were above the state mean: Chemistry, English, (ESL & Standard), Legal Studies, Maths (Ex1), PDHPE, Physics, Chinese Background Speakers and Japanese Beginners.
- Macquarie Grammar School was ranked higher than: St Andrew’s Cathedral School, Trinity Grammar School, Newington College, The International Grammar School, St Vincent’s College, Waverley College, St Luke’s Grammar School, Macquarie Fields Selective School, St Patrick’s College Strathfield and Inaburra School, to name a few.