Is to provide an inspirational education where each student develops his/her personal best.
Is to provide an academic based curriculum and prepare students for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) that will lead to pre-vocational and University education, and the workplace, by providing quality education to its students and fostering an enjoyment of and respect for learning.
Truth and Virtue( Veritas et Virtus)
AIR: Achieve, Inclusive, Respect
Our School Song
You Make Me Proud (by Howard Alexander)
Macquarie Grammar School’s aims are:
- educating for life, the School will develop an environment to foster the whole person, morally, intellectually, socially, aesthetically, emotionally and culturally;
- in all student endeavours, the pursuit of excellence will be encouraged so that each student will strive to attain the highest standards of which they are capable, personally;
- a spirit of enquiry and respect for the truth will be important aspects of each student’s pursuit of wisdom and knowledge;
- high priority will be given to the competent attainment by students of thinking, language, literacy, and numeracy skills;
- students will be encouraged to participate as much as possible in the whole programme of the School with the aim of enriching their lives through the development of character, initiative, and personality;
- will provide personalised tuition by experienced , qualified, and dedicated staff who aspire to teach and assess according to the Professional Standards for Teachers;
- to keep abreast of improvements and advances in technology and offer programs relevant to current employment and market standards;
- the incorporation of ICT (information and communications technology), proactive planning, resource management, problem solving skills, group dynamics leadership and cooperative learning abilities, that are developed through a dynamic and innovative curriculum and its delivery;
- to provide without academic barriers, an appropriate academic-based curriculum for students; and
- promote in students a love of learning and a desire to continue learning and to help them make, effectively, the transition from secondary to tertiary study or to the workplace.
As a community of learners and in keeping with our proud heritage, Macquarie Grammar School practises the following values for Australian Schooling articulated in the National Framework for Values Education in Australian Schools that underpin the activities, actions, and behaviours within its community, to be the foundation of our endeavours:
Care and compassion
Care for self and others
Doing Your Best
Seek to accomplish something worthy and admirable, try hard, and pursue excellence.
Pursue and protect the common good where all people are treated fairly for a just society.
Enjoy all the rights and privileges of Australian citizenship free from unnecessary interference or control, and stand up for the rights of others.
Honesty and Trustworthiness
Be accountable for one’s own actions, resolve differences in constructive, non-violent and peaceful ways, contribute to society and to civic life, take care of the environment.
Understanding, Tolerance and Inclusion
Be aware of others and their cultures, accept diversity within a democratic society, being included and including others.