Macquarie Grammar School is proud to announce that it offers homestay accommodation through its established partnership with Australia’s leading homestay providers.
What is Homestay?
Homestay is a cultural exchange between a local individual or family (the host) and a visiting student; the student lives as a guest in the host family’s home.
Why is Homestay a great option?
Homestay Hosts are trained to assist international students:
- Settle into their new community
- Understanding the basics of Australian culture
- Everyday conversational skills
- Learning the basics such as buying transport tickets, where the local shops are, how to access:
- Banking, internet, mobile phone and personal safety tips
- Frequently used English and ‘Australian’ words and phrases
A Homestay student is provided with:
- A clean furnished room (this includes items like a bed, desk, wardrobe, chair and a study lamp), as well as
a supportive family environment and home to live in
- Meals (as specified) and accommodation (including utilities)
- Ongoing Homestay host and student support
- Bathroom and laundry facilities
For more information or to apply please contact us via 02 8228 3022 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.