Years 7-10 – A sample pattern of study:
Students enrolling in Years 7-10 need to provide evidence that they have good passing grades in their main subjects.
The Board of Studies NSW mandates a minimum of 100 hours tuition in a language other than English in Junior High School.
The school offers Chinese Beginners, Chinese Culture and Literature, and Japanese Beginners in the Senior Years 11 and 12
|Subjects||Hours per Week|
|Human Society and Its Environment: Australian History Australian Geography||3|
|Personal Development, Health, and Physical Education (PDHPE), including Sport||3|
|Total||24 hours per week|
*Note: This pattern of hours may vary from year to year.
Years 11 & 12 – A sample pattern of study:
The NSW Higher School Certificate (HSC) is a two-year course (Years 11 and 12). Students entering Year 11 must have completed Year 10 or its equivalence in Australia or overseas.
HSC Courses available:
- English– Standard/Advanced English, English Extention 1, English Extention 2, English as an Additional Language (EALD)
- Mathematics Standard 2, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2
- Science– Chemistry, Biology, & Physics
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
- Chinese Literature and Culture (For background speakers)
- Chinese Beginners
- Japanese Beginners
- Visual Arts
- Information Processes Technology
* Note: A Music Programme is available through the Friday Clubs programme or through private tuition organised by the school.
Sample HSC Programme (each student Selects theri own course from a range offered)
|Year 11 Preliminary Course||Year 12 HSC||Year 11 Units||Year 12 Units||Hours / Week|
|English/EALD||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
|Mathematics||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
|Mathematics Extension 1||Math Ext 2||1||2||2 & 2|
|Chinese Beginners/Chinese Lituerature||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
|Business Studies/Biology||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
|PDHPE/Visual Arts||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
|Economics/Physics||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
|Legal Studies/Japanese Beginners||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
|Chemistry/Information Processes Technology||Yes||2||2||4 & 3|
* Note: Year 11 receive their final end of year report at the end of Term 4.